Last Updated: December 21, 2016
Types of Information Tunellus May Collect
Information You Submit
Tunellus collects (i) “Personal Information” (“PI”), which is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your full name, address, email address, credit or debit card number, date of birth, or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally; and/or (ii) demographic information (“DI”), such as information like your gender. We may collect this information from you at various times and places, such as when you:
- Register for an account;
- Place orders or make purchases;
- Join our mailing list;
- Participate in a survey or promotion;
- Contact us regarding a question or concern;
- Otherwise interact with Tunellus or the Site.
Your decision to provide this information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide this requested information you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Site’s features or Tunellus’ services.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition to information that you choose to submit to us, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain “Usage Information” (“UI”) when you visit or interact with the Site. This information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. UI may include:
- Your IP address or other unique identifier;
- Your Device browser, operating system, and mobile network information;
- The areas within our Site that you have visited and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your general location; and
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Site, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to collect and/or store UI including but not limited to:
- Cookies. A cookie is a file placed on a Device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your Device. Our Site may use cookie technology to store information on local storage. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some (but not all) instances can be blocked by selecting certain settings. Please understand that if you disable or remove any type of cookie, some parts of our Site may not function properly.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Site's pages and messages. Web beacons may be used by us for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter. The embedded script does not collect your PI.
We may use these technologies (or ones we incorporate in the future) for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site, including for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality or to allow you to make use of shopping cart functionality;
- To assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Site;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you sign in to our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
- To deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Site and third party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content.
Our Site may use location-based services to verify your location, deliver you relevant content and/or advertising based on your location, as well as to share your location with our service providers as part of the location-based services we offer. You have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Sites
Information You Provide About a Third Party
You may send someone else a communication from the Site, such as sending an invitation to a friend. If so, the information you provide (e.g., names, email addresses, mobile number, etc.) will be used to facilitate the communication and will not be used for marketing purposes unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Site, your email address, mobile number, name or username and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Some of these tools may be third-party tools subject to third-party privacy policies.
Managing Personal Information You Submit
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by following the “unsubscribe” directions on the e-mails, or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may still send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Site such as administrative and service announcements.
If you would like to review, correct, update, or remove PI about you that you previously provided to us, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may retain your information for business purposes or as required by law.
How Tunellus Protects and Maintains Personal Information Collected Through the Site
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information for various purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Improving the effectiveness of our Site, marketing endeavors, and service offerings;
- Site registration;
- Processing and completing purchase, returns, and similar transactions;
- Providing customer service;
- Notifying you of product recalls or providing other information concerning products you have purchased;
- Sending you marketing information about Tunellus and other third parties we work with, including through direct mail offerings;
- Sending you email communications such as electronic newsletters about our products, services, events, and Promotions;
- Sending you email about orders you have made on the Site;
- Enabling you to participate in the Site's features such as surveys and promotions;
- Identifying your product and service preferences, providing personalized content and informing you of new or additional products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- Providing mobile marketing messages and service messages;
- For internal business purposes; and
Sharing Information with Third Parties
When You Request We Share Information With Third Parties
You may be presented with an option to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their content on our Site. This may include using third-party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other third-party posting or content sharing tools and by so interacting you consent to such third party practices. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
Third Parties Providing Services to Tunellus
We may use third party service providers to perform certain services, such as: (a) to assist us in e-commerce operations; (b) to manage a database of customer information; (c) hosting the Site; (d) designing and/or operating the Site's features; (e) tracking the Site's activities and analytics; (f) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (g) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide third parties with access to your information to carry out the services they are performing for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers such as Google Analytics may set and access their own technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. These service providers use the technology described above to help us analyze how users use the Site. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them.
To Protect the Rights of Tunellus and Others
Information You Disclose Publicly
The Site may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, videos, audio recordings, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including PI on blogs and message boards, product reviews and other public forums. We or others may store, display, publish, distribute or otherwise use this content online or offline in any media or format and may or may not attribute the content to you. Others may have access to this content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please note that Tunellus does not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Site or what others do with information you share with them on the Site.
You may also see certain ads on other websites as we may choose to participate in advertising networks administered by third parties. These networks track your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services by collecting information through automated means. The information they collect includes information about your visits to our Site, such as the pages you have viewed. This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. We and our service providers use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to report how our internet advertising methods are related to your visits to the Site.
Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Sites
The Site may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifier when pages from the Site are served to you. In addition, when you are on the Site, you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties. For example, if you "click" on a link, the “click” may take you off the Site onto a different site. These other sites may independently collect data about you and may or may not have their own published privacy policies.
Your California Privacy Rights
We may from time to time elect to share certain information about you collected by us on the Site with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information, as defined in the statute, to us, under certain circumstances, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. To make such a request (limit one request per year), please email your request to email@example.com You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request.
Information transferred to and from the United States
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.
Use of the Site by Children.
This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect PI from any children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not submit any PI to us.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our databases.